EEA ID Cards – Not Accepted

From 1 July 2021, Swiss, EEA / Swiss citizens will no longer be able to use EEA ID cards as proof of identity or immigration status when giving notice to marry or form a civil partnership in the UK.

Individuals who have settled status applied for under the European Settlement Scheme (EUS) will need to provide a share code when giving notice of marriage.

Codes can be obtained through - View and prove your immigration status.

Published: 1st June 2022